Samsung M2070fw Wireless Printer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-11 19:37:38
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20190809 Rel. 28188(5553)

I have a Samsung Wifi printer (apparently now maintained by HP) that has worked fine using my ISP Gateway/Modem wifi however when attempting to connect wirelessly to my new AX1500 router it will not connect.

I have attempted to connect manually entering the wifi password as well as the WPS feature... both with the WPS pin and pinless.

I have other devices connected on the 2.4Ghz band without issue.  However the printer doesn't want to connect.  I have tried changing the band settings to N only, G/N only and B/G/N mixed.  I have tried changing the channel from Auto to 1 (didn't go through each channel, yet).  I have changed the encryption from Auto to TKIP then to AES.  I have disabled security altogether on that band.

I am open to other suggestions if they are out there.

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Samsung M2070fw Wireless Printer
2020-04-13 20:04:22

@derfla76 

Here is a snippet taken from somewhere else of a user who exact model printer was not connecting to their new router. If the below does not work, contact the printer manufacturer to see if there are any settings neeidng to adjust for compatibiilty for newer routers:

1. On Windows pc, connect to your printer using the USB wire.
2. Insert Samsung installation CD-ROM, select setup.exe
3. Select installation as if you are will be using USB first.  Do not do anything with Wireless connection setup yet.
4. After installation completion, from the start menu, look for Samsung -> Samsung Easy Printer Manager
5. In the printer list, select printer, select ‘Device Settings’ -> ‘Network’
6. IMPORTANT:  In ‘Wi-Fi Direct’ section.  Set ‘Wi-fi Direct On/Off’ = Off
7. In ‘Config Network’ -> ‘TCP/IP’ section, set ‘Assign IPv4 Address’ = STATIC
8. Uncheck ‘Dynamic DNS Registration’  (*Not sure if this will make a difference for off or on). I unchecked this for my setup.
9. In ‘Config Network’ -> ‘TCP/IP’ section, write down ‘Host Name’. It will look like something like this ‘SEC30AACD772333’.  ( Format SEC<12 digit MAC number>).
   Your printer will have a different number.
10. Click on ‘Save’ button
11. While USB wire is still connected to your PC, In 'Wireless Settings' section, click on ‘Wizard’ button.
12. It will prompt to setup wireless WEP2 key/password to your router. Enter all necessary credential.
13. It will prompt you to enable ‘Wi-Fi’ direct again. I chose ‘No’.
14. After setup is done., go to your home fios router webpage. In an Internet browser, type myfiosgateway.com
15. In the fios router webpage, in ‘My Network’section, select 'Show More' to show all devices, scroll down you'll see a device with id = 'SEC????????????' (see item #9 )
16. You will also see an assigned IP address for this device.
16. The status should be active.
17. Click on this device icon (looks like a computer monitor with arrow up). In 'Ping Test'.  Click on 'Test Connectivity'. Check for 'Test Succeeded' status.
18. Next, remove your printer USB wire from your PC.  In 'Ping Test'.  Click on 'Test Connectivity'. Check for 'Test Succeeded' status.
19. If test is successful without the USB wire, your printer is good to go for wireless connection.
20. To add Wireless printer, in Windows 'Device and Printers' -> 'Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer', look for the Samsung printer/or IP address, and test it again.
21. Done!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2155

Replies: 1

Related Articles