I just bought the c3400x router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-12 17:21:34
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I just purchased this router, icannot get it to work. i can't log into it. i have it plugged into a new modem. the password on the label does not log into the roughter. igot to the web based settings for it, but in oeder for that to work i have to be logged onto the roughter. i've been using my phone hotspot. ineed help in a big way, please. and yes, i activated the modem with my isp

Options
7 Reply
Re:I just bought the c3400x router
2020-04-12 20:21:48
Connect your PC direct to the modem with a good Ethernet cable. If you can not sign on then the issue is with the cable, modem, or ISP. One thing to try is power down the modem for 5 min and then back up and wait for it to stabilize. Sometimes you need to do this with new modem attached to the ISP. If you can connect, then the power down and attach the router to the modem and a PC to the router, power all up, modem, the router, then PC waiting for each to stabilize. then test again.
Options
2020-04-13 11:26:18

@ArcherC8 If I bypass the router, plugging the modem directly into my comp, How can that work? The wireless router is out of the equation. How can I log into it if nothing is plugged into it? Thanks for the reply.

Options
2020-04-13 11:46:12
I'm trying to do this without calling spectrum and have them deactivate the old and reactivate the new. At the very least I need to hook the wan cable to the router. I tried to log into the router on my phone, but it is saying to plug the wan cable into the router.
Options
2020-04-13 12:16:01
By connecting to the PC direct to the modem, you are checking the internet connection from your ISP, your cable, and your modem. That takes the router out of the of what may be causing the issue. Most times when you do not have an internet connection, it is NOT the router. So if there is no internet when the PC is connected to the modem, try a different cable. Next step is to check the modem. Can you sign on to the modem? Are the lights on and correct color? For example, I know for my modem, the top light is green, the next three are blue and the bottom light is flashing green when I have a good connection. Each brand of modem is different. You may need to call the ISP. Many times the ISP can do things without coming out.
Options
2020-04-13 14:34:41
I did that the very first thing. I was getting on line with the comp plugged into the modem. I got the router to work this morn. I hooked the router up the the isp's router/modem. I know this isn't good, but I did get to the tether app to work on the wifi. I got everything setup. I didn't want to go through what I did yesterday, it was a nightmare, activating, deactivating. It took them 6 hours to get the wireless working after I reactivated their modem/router. I'm going to call and deactivate theirs, again, today. I hope it goes better then yesterday. Thanks for your help. If I get into trouble I will post it here. Thanks again.
Options
2020-04-15 13:28:44

@wily5150 I finally got the router working, For a 300.00 router I'm not impressed. I live in a typical forida house, less then 1100 sq ft. The wifi barely reaches the furthest room. Now I have to buy a repeater. Now I'm not network savvy, and I problable don't have it setup right, but as of now, not impressed. I googled how to set it up, and I set it up the ways I read. but the signal is still short. Our boy is a video game aholic, and I tried to set him up on the 5 gig band, it kept kicking him off. Now he's on the 2.4 gig band. I don't know, if anyone has any imput on how I can set this up right please do. Thanks.

Options
2020-04-15 17:15:14
I also live in a Florida house but 1700 sq feet plus a three car garage. Router location is very important. Moving the router just a bit up/down, turning it, moving the antennas, can make a big difference. Lot of things can block or interfere with the WIFI signals. In my case I have a large fireplace so I do have an extender to cover a marginal area. I also have cameras that are connected to the WIFI that are 60 feet from the house and several in an unattached garage. 5 GHz will give you better speed and the 2.4 will give you better distance. The father you are away from the router the slower. Try using specific WIFI channels and channel widths. What is connected to the WIFI can also affect the speed. If you have an old 'G' device it can slow down the other devices. Something to read that is not to technical that may help. https://www.cnet.com/how-to/home-networking-explained-part-1-heres-the-url-for-you/
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 628

Replies: 7