Cleaning

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cleaning

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cleaning
Cleaning
2020-04-14 01:41:32
Model: Archer T9UH  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good evening,

Just wanted to ask here on the community a simple question concerning the archer T9UH. With all this COVID19 issue i normally desinfect my laptop and electronic equipment with alcohol pads so that being said is it ok to desinfect tp link adapters and routers with alcohol pads? When recieving them i did it just to play it safe but wanted to know if this is ok. Hopefully i didn't screw up my adapters with this. Can anybody here or any TP Link Support confirm if its ok to do this?

Options
3 Reply
Re: Cleaning
2020-04-14 15:17:37 - last edited 2020-04-14 16:54:16

@eliwwjd 

Routers should be fine as you are only wiping the outter chasis, and the board is inside. With respect to the network adapter (T9UH), should be fine too cleaning where you handle the device, just make sure they are not powered on, and let the alchool completely evaporate first before turning on the components.

Options
2020-04-14 15:39:52

@Tony 

Thanks. I cleaned all around the whole adapter(T9UH) folded and unfolded, is it still ok? will this affect adapter performance?

I also cleaned all around and completely the ue300 gigabit adapter also, is it also ok?will it affect performance?

What can be the worse?they simply won't work?

Sorry for such nobish question but i just don't want to screw up my new toys!lol

By the way @Tony im loving these adapters, my old laptop is running really fast internet with these, thanks for such great product.

Tp Link has really gone in the big leagues.thumbs up.Please let me know on these 2 questions so i don't worry myself anymore

Options
2020-04-14 16:56:17

@eliwwjd 

The worst is they will not power on, but as long as you avoid the exposed areas such as the ports on the router or the connector of the adapter it should be fine. I would probably look up various videos of people giving advice on cleaning it to avoid damaging it.

Options