Archer T3U continously turned off and on when I installed its drivers.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-19 14:12:32
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

After a while of using the Archer T3U with just the Microsoft drivers (plug and play), I noticed spikes in ping, and somtimes the adapter would lose its connection to the internet. I downloaded its drivers for windows 10 hoping that it would fix connectivity issues. This ended up causing the adapter to continuously turn on and on. When it would give me a chance to connect to the internet, it would immediately turn off once connected, and continue turning off and on. I dont remember if I manually rolled back the drivers, or if windows did it automatically. Anyway, even with the Microsoft drivers that at least gave me a lasting connection reinstalled, the adpater continues to turn off and on repeatedly.

I've tried things like uninstalling the device with device manager and using to tplink software to uninstall drivers, but I still have the same problem. I also tried turning off settings that allowed my pc to turn off devices to save power. None of these solutions are working.

Please let me know if there are any other ways I can try to fix this adapter or if I should just give up. Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer T3U continously turned off and on when I installed its drivers.
2020-04-20 22:15:49

@onethroughfjve 

Plug the adapter into a different USB port or try every port on the computer, and also even try connecting it to a different computer altogether. If the issue follows the adapter then it sounds like it may be malfunctioned.

Options