Archer A6 AC1200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer A6 AC1200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer A6 AC1200
Archer A6 AC1200
2020-04-19 22:49:38
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.8

Hello all,

I recently purchased an Archer A6 (AC1200) router because I was told by Cox that my old router was slowing down my connection speeds that I was paying for. After properly installing, I have had horrible inconsistent connections multiple times an hour for over a week. I have contact both internet provider (Cox) and modem provider (netgear), both of which have blamed the router. I'm not sure why this is a problem, but for some reason this router not only has affected my WiFi but also hardwired connections. My connections speeds will be great but then all at once will cut out for about a 30 second period. Very annoying when it comes to gaming or submitting files online.

I have tried to contact TP link only to receive an automated message saying that they are overwhelmed with calls and unable to answer at this time, ending the call by an automated hang up. This is quite disappointing considering I just bought the router this week, the router is all updated, but yet I still cannot talk to anyone on the support team. 

Is there anyone else having these same problems with this router?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer A6 AC1200
2020-04-20 11:45:46
Connect a PC direct to the modem via a good Ethernet cable bypassing the router. Power cycle the modem and PC and test. If not, try a different cable and retest. If you still have issue, you have eliminated the router. If all was okay, the the issue may be in the router. Check your cables and be sure that they are good. I seen one poster that had a bad cable that came with the router. Look at the pins on the cable and in the connectors to ensure none are bent. Power all down, reconnect the router, power up the modem wait for it to stabilize, then the router, wait for it to stabilize, and then the PC. Test again.
Options
2020-04-21 15:22:21

@Luke.L21 

To have issues with your original router, then the ISP again pointing to the router seems odd.

I would look at your modem which might be the cause, reason being if both wired and wireless are affected then the internet from the modem will give that.

Log into your ISP modem, not the Archer router. Look at the upstream and downstream connection, all must be locked for a good connection, if not then something is wrong with your internet signal. Next, look at the actual system logs, if you see a bunch of critical 3 and critical 4 errors, that is your modem telling you the signal is not consistant as well. What you will end up with is a internet service that randomly drops or the speed is very reduced. 

Given you are seeing this with two different routers it may be the modem.

Options
2020-05-29 11:10:51

@Tony 

Hello

I have also encountered the same problem

There is nothing wrong with Cable or Modem here.

Within hours of installing New Archer A6 AC1200

I observed While I play online multiplayer games

the network drops, wifi disconnects and then reconnects

Same happens when I upload heavy files on cloud servers

And this is very annoying

I just want to know, what is the solution here

It is a very common issue with A6, many Amazon Reviews also pointed out that 

I think we need to look into this and i am  sure it is some issue with the Software end, as I am a TP-Link user for 10 years with different TP-Link Routers

Please help

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1412

Replies: 3

Related Articles