AC1750 (Archer A7) no Internet after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-21 03:04:12 - last edited 2020-04-21 03:08:08
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

A few weeks ago I got a notification that there was a firmware update available for my Archer A7 AC1750 wireless SOHO router. I stepped through the process and was able to complete the firmware update with no hang-ups. However, once I did this, I now have no access to the Internet through this router.

Every light is green when plugged in, including the Internet light, and I can still connect wireless clients to the router with ease. But I'm getting no actual connection to the outside. I bought this router only 6 months ago and it has been working fine since the update. I have reverted back to the Linksys router that I replaced with this one and I am able to get Internet through that. My connection to the ISP is just through an ethernet line that has been wired through my building, so no modem to reboot. I have tried a factory reset of the device and still nothing.

What confuses me is that the Internet light is solid green, and the Tether app shows that my connection to the Internet is "good" when I diagnose. But Speedtest.net gives me nothing and even the Tether app shortly after I run diagnostics starts to frizz out as it realizes it can't actually get out to the Internet.

Has anyone encountered this issue and do you know what I could try to remedy it? Thanks.

Options
7 Reply
Re:AC1750 (Archer A7) no Internet after firmware update
2020-04-21 11:53:44
Try a factory reset on the router and reenter your settings.
Options
2020-04-21 20:32:04 - last edited 2020-04-21 20:32:46

@chaser2013 

Do the factory reset on the router like @ArcherC8 mentioned by holding the reset button for 15 seconds. If that does not work, download the latest firmware (link) from our website and upload it manually via the web browser.

Case 2: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2139/

Options
2020-04-22 22:04:37

@Tony @ArcherC8 

I completed both of those things and the problem persists. This time I did the firmware update through a wired connection, with the Internet cable unplugged as the documentation suggested.

The browser management console says the router is connected to the Internet, and all lights are green. But the built-in ping test times out every request. I can't get any speed tests to complete.

Like I said before, the same Internet cable provides great throughput to a different router. Thanks for your continued suggestions.

Options
2020-04-23 11:13:27
I would try installing the older level of the firmware that was working prior to the upgrade.
Options
2020-04-23 23:13:51

@ArcherC8 

Okay, I've done that but still the same problems. 🤕

Options
2020-04-24 11:45:36
review this FAQ... https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/428/ Hope it helps.
Options
2020-04-27 21:59:32

@ArcherC8 

I took the router to a different home network and had the same problems until I rebooted the modem there. Then it worked. I didn't have this capability at my apartment so I contacted my ISP. They were able to see the device going on and offline as I rebooted, but there was still no data passing through. They had to send someone out and he spent a little over an hour here. Eventually he got it up and running again. It involved a factory reset, but even he was stumped as to why my resets didn't work and his did... Thank you for your help as that provided a nice set of troubleshooting steps. I'm even on the new firmware.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6427

Replies: 7