Unable to change wifi channel on Archer A7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-23 01:03:34
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just purchased this router as a replacement and I am unable to find the location to change the channel for either the 2.4ghz or 5ghz channels. The searches I've done show that the setting should be under Advanced>Wireless>Wireless Settings, but there is no option to change the channel there. The 5ghz options are also not availble to change as I would expect them to be from my experience with other routers. Is there something I am missing or a different place I should look to change the channel width?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to change wifi channel on Archer A7
2020-04-23 13:55:29
Are you using Smart Connect as that feature selects the best channel per the doc.
Options
Re:Unable to change wifi channel on Archer A7
2021-05-15 23:14:07

@ridetofight, I have been having the same issue, but I think the answer is that "Smart Connect" has to be disabled before you can see "Channel Width" and "Channel" in Advanced/Wireless/Wireless Settings.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4042

Replies: 2

Related Articles