Archer A7 Limiting my Wired Bandwith to 300MBPS Tried Everything Ready to Give up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer A7 Limiting my Wired Bandwith to 300MBPS Tried Everything Ready to Give up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-26 14:15:35
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: most current firmware

Everythings worked perfect and I love this router.  I had 200mbps service with Xfinity. Upgraded last week too 600mbps.  Connecting Directly from my cable modem sb8200  ethernet to my computer directly I get 650mbps+ on pretty much every speed test I try.    Connected through my A7 Archer router.  Speed tests are all at 265mbps to 300mbps. never higher.   Ive disabled and enabled everything on this router.  restored. reset.  turned on turned off.  It deffinately is the router.  I went to comcast and rented their old sad gateway and I get a full 700mbps on every speed test every time.  Directly connecting my computer on either net to the cable modem gives me full speed.  Using Xfinitys old model/router is get full 600+ speed.  Using Archer a7 I its limiting me to 260-300mbps.  I'm about the put it on ebay for sale.  is it a software bug? I read everything on there and other people had the same problem. i tried off nat boost qos...restarted.. restored turns a million things off and on.  Anyone know the real fix?? Ive wasted too many hours on this thing lol

thanks

Mattman

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer A7 Limiting my Wired Bandwith to 300MBPS Tried Everything Ready to Give up
2020-04-27 22:27:56 - last edited 2020-04-29 17:33:57

@MattmanTN 

The main things to look at would be the firmware is updated, and that parental controls and QoS is disabled with NAT Boost enabled. If the CPU is being bogged down by other features you will get the limited LAN speed.

Options
Re:Archer A7 Limiting my Wired Bandwith to 300MBPS Tried Everything Ready to Give up
2020-04-29 01:48:36

@Tony 

I believe he said he is testing wired.

Options
2020-04-29 17:32:37

@ram1220 

Thank you for the correction.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 655

Replies: 3