AC1750 router wi fi range/ signal strength issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-28 13:49:03
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: Not sure

Hello all,

I purchased the Archer AC 1750 about 2 weeks ago, and the WiFi signal strength I'm receiving on either band fluctuates quite a bit from nothing to 4 bars throughout the day in different parts of the house.  That fluctuation exists even when sitting in the same room with the router.  What can I do to improve the performance and make it more consistent?

Options
2 Reply
Re:AC1750 router wi fi range/ signal strength issues
2020-04-28 14:56:25
Router location is very important. Small changes make a difference. Higher, lower, direction facing, moving it left or right, and position of the antennas. The 2.4 GHz will give you more distance and the 5 GHz will give you more speed. You may have interference from other things. A lot of none WIFI things is the same bands as WIFI. You can try using a specific channel and bandwidth. Other items on the WIFI can affect the speed of other devices. This may help a bit https://www.cnet.com/how-to/home-networking-explained-part-1-heres-the-url-for-you/
Options
Re:AC1750 router wi fi range/ signal strength issues
2020-04-28 15:03:19

@ArcherC8, thank you!  I'll try your suggestions!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1782

Replies: 2