Help me configure my router to open ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-29 20:08:49
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

Pretty simple ask: 

I want to configure my router to have certain ports open so that I can use AT&T WiFi Calling (which never works at home). Don't have this issue at friends' houses, using their WiFi, only at my home.

AT&T's requirements are attached. What EXACT menu do I need to open and which EXACT fields do I need to fill out? There's a lot of half-info on this forum which goes about 30% of the way of answering the question without getting there. Help is appreciated. 

File:
AT&T Wi-Fi Calling LAN and VPN Configuration - Wireless Support.pngDownload
Options
4 Reply
Re:Help me configure my router to open ports
2020-04-30 14:14:05
Sign on to your router, go to advance settings, then to the forwarding section, then to Virtual Servers then add you ports. Your User Interface may be a bit different but you are looking for the Virtual Servers window.
Options
2020-04-30 14:22:27
One other point, You should find the address reservation window and reserve an internal IP address such a 192.168.0.125 (one that is not being used) and assign it to the ported device's MAC address. Power cycle the router which should show that device assigned to that IP address. Now set up your port assignment using that IP address linked to that ports used by that device. May need to power cycle the router again.
Options
2020-05-02 17:24:22

@ArcherC8 I have located the Virtual Servers section. 

The problem remains that the fields AT&T asks you to fill out are not consistent with the fields in the Virtual Server. See below - I'm at a loss for how to fill out these fields.

You also mention assigning an IP to the "ported device" MAC address. I have seven different devices (mobile, computers) that all can use WiFi Calling. Are you saying I have to create reservations for each of these seven devices in order for any of them to use WiFi Calling?

The fields:

1. Service Type - ?
  2. External Port ?
  3. Internal IP - ?
  4. Internal Port - ?
  5. Protocol - UDP (the only one that AT&T's instructions offers up)

Options
2020-05-02 18:44:36
see https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/161612 for another vendor's WIFI which would be about the same. And this should help with the post numbers and types https://www.att.com/support/smallbusiness/article/smb-wireless/KM1305083/
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 735

Replies: 4