Smart Connect feature causing connectivity issues.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-01 17:41:32
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20190411 rel.52981(4555)

I had my router for around 1.5 years and until now it worked just fine. Recenlty, my devices that only support the 2.8Ghz band got disconnected and since then I'm unable to reconnect them. 

I had a look around and it seems that if I disable the Smart Connect feature and set the channel width of the 2.8Ghz network to 20Mhz it works fine, and all the devices connect withouth any issue. However, when I re-enable the Smart Connect feature I have the same issue again. 

I've already tried to do the follwing, but no luck:

1. Did a factory reset on the router. 

2. Downgraded the firmware to the previous version.

3. Upgraded the frimware back to the current version. 

4. Conntacted customer service, but not much help so far. 

Any suggestions of what could casue this issue?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Smart Connect feature causing connectivity issues.
2020-05-04 18:52:09

@Joe0292 

Most likely the issue is in how smart connect is delegating the devices on your network.  You said you are in contact with support, what i would do is send them a back up of your configuration file so they can then have it loaded on a test router to try and replicate the issue.  For this they will need as much detail as you can provide regarding what is happening and on what kind of devices. 

Options
2020-05-05 08:24:33

@Carl Hi Carl, thanks for your reply much appriciated. Unfortunatelly, the customer service team stop responding to my e-mail, after the e-mail below. I'll try to open a new ticket and see if I get more help second time. 

Options
2020-05-05 15:58:08

@Joe0292 

What is the case number for that email?

Options
2020-05-05 16:08:16

@Carl Hi Carl it's #420696

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2519

Replies: 4

Related Articles