Unable to access tplinkdeco.net to change region time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-04 00:18:31
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Unable to access website...have tried both connected with Ethernet connected to router and wirelessly when connected to WiFi

Options
7 Reply
Re:Unable to access tplinkdeco.net to change region time
2020-05-04 21:51:29

@AndresI 

This is very easy to answer.  The Web UI is not yet available on the Deco M9 Plus.  Until it is the only access method will be through the Deco App. 

Options
2020-05-04 22:14:17

@Carl   but you can't change zone time on App....

Options
2020-05-04 23:05:10

@AndresI 

I'll reach out to the software team to see if there is a work around.  

Options
2020-05-04 23:11:44

@AndresI 

My test agents got back to me super quick.  

The time zone is obtained from the phone during the onboarding. So if you need to change the Time zone, at least until the UI is lauched you will just reset the M9, set the phone's time zone correctly, and onboarding the M9 again

Options
2020-05-04 23:28:29

@Carl  thanks for your rapid response...but my phone reflects the correct time zone as evidenced by it waking me up every work day at 6.15 am eastern daylight time (UTC - 4 hours).

I have made a workaround by setting the bed time settings 4 hours later.  Not what I would expect from a multi billion US dollar enterprise but

Options
2020-05-05 16:11:15

@AndresI 

Oh i understand your phone is showing the correct timezone.  What I mean is reset and reconfigure the Deco network.  You can use the same network SSID and Password so your devices all reconnect.  Doing this will force the router to pull time from your phone resolving the issue. 

Options
2020-05-05 16:20:57

@Carl Thanks Carl, however if my phone had the correct time zone when I first installed the Deco network, why would I expect anything different happen if I reset and reconfigure the Deco network the second time around

Carl wrote

@AndresI 

Oh i understand your phone is showing the correct timezone.  What I mean is reset and reconfigure the Deco network.  You can use the same network SSID and Password so your devices all reconnect.  Doing this will force the router to pull time from your phone resolving the issue. 

?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1767

Replies: 7