HS210 in a 4-way scenario?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS210 in a 4-way scenario?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:HS210 in a 4-way scenario?
2020-10-06 01:21:18

@Dshollis Just had the electrician come and rewire today

Dshollis wrote

@mdcubsfan Can you give an update please?  Did this work correctly?  Do the dummy switches (the switches after the first in the series) sill correctly toggle power?  Does the app register the correct status?  Does the LED on the smart switch work properly?

, still having issues.  Did you try it also and did it work for you?

Options
2021-01-10 06:11:49

@mgudites Your post said to place the HS210 in the position where there are no additional switches between the smart switch and the breaker box. My assumption is that this would be the switch that is physically closest to the breaker box, but from a wiring perspective, how can I confirm which is the first in the chain?

Options
2021-01-10 14:35:17

@amalizard I'm sure there's a better way of doing this but, as a non-electrician my method was:

1. Disconnect ALL the switches

2. Turn on the breaker

3. Use a voltage checker (voltage pen, the kind you can just wave in front of the wire and it beeps if there's current) to see which box still had juice in it after disconnecting all the switches. That's the box that's first in line from the breaker. 

Options
2021-03-07 17:42:54

@mgudites 

I understand how to wire the 4-way scenario but the 4-way dumb switch is on a panel with 3 Kasa smart switches and it looks terrible. Is there any way to use any of the Kasa light switches to replace the 4-way switch for aesthetic purposes? TIA!

Options