Votes

3 way dimmer kit not working in 4 way scenario

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-11 20:14:41
Model: KS230 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

First let me start this out by saying I'm a licensed electrician. I bought 2 of these kits to use on my living and kitchen pot light circuits. Installed everything and threw the breaker, lights came on good. Both the smart switches at either end functioned properly, but the 4 way in the middle wouldn't do anything. Checked it with my multi meter and found that both travellers coming from my main kasa had 120v on them. So the 4 way would only flicker the lights but couldn't kill them since both legs had juice. Switched everything out for regular 3 ways and it works mint. Hoping tp link can give me insight on how if possible to make this work.

Options
1 Reply
Re:3 way dimmer kit not working in 4 way scenario
2022-12-13 16:55:03

@CamKiyomi 

Unfortunately, we are being told that at this time the KS230 3-way dimmer is not compatible with a 4-way circuit.  I do not know if this will always be the case but that is what we have been told at this time. 

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 152

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.