help me choose between C4000 and AX3000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-04 21:41:07

I'm trying to decide on a new router for home - between the Archer C4000 and the Archer AX3000.  house is two levels plus finished basement, approximately 2500 sq ft.  We have some wifi 6 devices - 2 iphone 11's and 1 Samsung Galaxy s20.  other devices are wifi 5 including 3 hp chromebooks, a handful of PCs, two roku tvs, three ipads and wifi printer.  Looking to upgrade from the ISP provided netgear R6300 with more potential speed and better handling of multiple devices.  Not much gaming currently, but streaming TV/movies, video conferencing, as well as work from home and school work.  

My ISP speed is low currently, but want to "future proof" for a coming upgrade of service as well as better consistency on staying connected.

I think either of these would be a good choice, probably overkill currently, so my questions were more around stability of the AX3000 since it is a newer product compared to the C4000, and does wifi 6 make sense with just three compatible devices currently?  Are potential throughput speeds comparable for the two?

I'm new to TP-Link products, so wanted to ask those better informed than I am.

Thank you,

-dma

Options
1 Reply
Re:help me choose between C4000 and AX3000
2020-05-04 22:38:29

@DMALAND 

WiFi 6 does deffiantly help improve data rates and streams but really only for devices that are wifi 6 enabled.  If you are not planning on upgrading any of your other devices in the next 2-3 years i would wait to upgrade to AX until then.  Not that the AX3000 isn't a good router but probably because the technology will be improved and refinded then adding even more features.   

I would probablly go with the Archer C4000/A20 right now. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5589

Replies: 1