Brand new Deco M9 Plus: works perfectly for 19 devices EXCEPT a MacBook laptop
This past weekend I installed my brand new 3-station Deco M9 plus (single-story home, ~1700 square feet) and it was super easy and has been great. The signal covers my entire property and the speeds have been what I expected. I have 19 devices on the network and everything has been connecting fine except a MacBook Air laptop.
When waking from sleep (screen closed), the MacBook Air is generally unable to rejoin the network, but it's inconsistent. Sometimes (like now while I'm typing this), it rejoins the network almost instantly. However, most of the time, it cannot reconnect. It just prompts for the network password and fails. I've tried everything I can think of, so I need some community support:
On the laptop, I've tried:
- forgetting the network and adding it again
- turning wifi on and off and trying to rejoin
- Restarting the laptop
- Checking my advanced network settings for anything unusual; looks normal (IPv4; DHCP; no proxies; no 802.1X profile)
- Allowing Apple's "Wireless Diagnostics" to run - wasn't helpful
- Ensuring the OS is at running the latest software (MacOS Catalina 10.15.4)
Via the Deco app on my phone:
- deleted the laptop from my network devices
- I only use one static IP, but at the higher end of the range as the routers seems to assign DHCP IPs at the lower end. I am trying to avoid IP conflicts.
- IPv4 in use; IPv6 is disabled.
- Fast Roaming is disabled
- Trying to update firmware, which is currently at the latest available via the app (20191014)
Reading other community forums, I thought it may be related to static IPs, so I deleted some others I had in use. Or Fast Roaming, which I have never enabled.
Any other ideas?
Proximity to one Deco station vs. another? Password complexity? Something with Apple laptops? :)