Router NOT blocking websites on blacklist. Archer C3150

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-09 01:22:04
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have a TP Link route that isn't doing what I need it to do. It's a Archer C3150 router. Not sure why it's noteven in the list for model, so I selected a random model so I could post this......only had a thing a couple years so not sure why it's not listed. It works fine except with parental controls. I have placed every device my kids use in the house on the list and added a couple website keywords to the blacklist. I'm trying to keep them out of Discord. Yet, when I try to get in the site on their device it goes in no trouble. I added keywords like "discord" www.discord.com, etc. No luck, been trying for 3 days not. Even added my own laptop to the list, no luck. Filled in the time frame for 24hrs per day every day. Still doesn't work.. How can I block this? Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Router NOT blocking websites on blacklist. Archer C3150
2020-05-11 22:16:00

@namerifrats 

I do not believe it is possible as putting the keyword would maybe block the website, but that does nothing to the actual app which uses completely different ports. You may need to look for other means as a security suite on the device itself or using DNS servers. We have HomeCare on some of our devices that can block apps like YouTube and Instagram, but not for Discord.

Options
Re:Router NOT blocking websites on blacklist. Archer C3150
2020-09-27 12:03:50

@namerifrats 

I have the same problem with this website https://doghawk.com/. have you found the solution? Cannot Access it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1683

Replies: 2

Related Articles