Deco M5 mesh network very unstable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-10 02:24:43
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

I have 7 M5 units installed as access point and connected through ethernet backhaul. The units keep dropping on/pff from the deco network and as a result it is impossible to do any video streaming (netflix/youtube etc) over the wifi network. I have tested everything to find if there is either a faulty unit or faulty cabling. The wired network in my house is perfect, I have swapped deco units throughout the house and made all of them master at some point. Nothing helps. I do notice strange band-with usage on all deco units. They are continously showing around 8-9 MB downstream traffic even if no devices are connected to them so I have looked at the device logs to see if I can find a reason for that but I cannot.

Would appreciate any help with this.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 mesh network very unstable
2020-10-31 14:48:18

@HenkHam 

same problem here Henk with 6units.

Options
Re:Deco M5 mesh network very unstable
2020-11-01 07:50:55

@Stekel I managed to stabilize my network. Been some time so not sure exactly what I did anymore. The 2 things I remember where:

1) I disabled IGMP proxy in my router which reduced that phantom usage I was witnessing

2) When you logon to the main deco using the web interface you can see the network topology. I noticed that some deco's weren't connected to the one I was expecting. My assumption is that this is because of the number of hops but I have no clue to back that up. I changed my network setup for this and ever since I did that it is stable.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1949

Replies: 2

Related Articles