Can I use two routers on same network?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-11 19:34:44 - last edited 2020-05-12 15:35:18

Hello

I have a Netgear R7800 and it does not reach well in my backyard near my pool. I tried an extender but it required a totally different network and my phone was not doing well switching between two different networks. I am not sure if all extenders require a second network but it was terrible and I need something more seamless.

If I have to I can run a network cable to my patio so I was wondering what is my best option for improving internet in my backyard in a more seamless way. Can I use two routers on the same network so my phone does not need to choose which network is best nor will my other stereo controlling apps etc?

What type of equipment would I need for this for best results?

Thank you in advance. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can I use two routers on same network?-Solution
2020-05-11 21:01:49 - last edited 2020-05-12 15:35:18
You can set up an additional router as an extender or access point. It does complicate the setup and does not always work for everyone. I would recommend a MESH system as that would give you the best seamless coverage.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can I use two routers on same network?-Solution
2020-05-11 21:01:49 - last edited 2020-05-12 15:35:18
You can set up an additional router as an extender or access point. It does complicate the setup and does not always work for everyone. I would recommend a MESH system as that would give you the best seamless coverage.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can I use two routers on same network?
2020-05-12 15:36:16

@ArcherC8 Thank you for the reply. I guess MESH is what I was looking for all along but I just did not know it. Single SSID is what I want! Thank you sir! Off to shopping now!

Options