Archer A7 - intermittent high ping / buffering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-13 15:37:22 - last edited 2020-05-13 15:46:58
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: most recent

Hello.

Over the past week or two the quality of my internet has been degrading.  As of last night I was seeing 1k pings in games and video apps were buffering like crazy.

Called Verizon and they said all good here and started the Computer 101 troubleshooting.  Ugh.  They don't seem to be too helpful if you're not sending them extra money to rent.

When this first started I updated the firmware through the IP address in a browser thing.  Didn't seem to help.  Nothing else has really changed.  Router in the same spot, things connecting to it haven't moved.  I didn't recently install a farraday cage or anything.

Help.

Thanks.

Edit:  Upon logging into the router again, I watched the "CPU" and "Memory Usage" at the bottom.  Memory stayed steady at 29%, CPU ticks along between 1-6% and then spikes every 15 seconds or so, average spike high 30%, highest spike 97%.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer A7 - intermittent high ping / buffering
2020-05-13 19:21:27
Bypass the router and connect a PC direct to the modem and run a bunch of speed tests. If it is not what you should have from the ISP, contact them and get that resolved first. Then connect the router, power cycle everything and retest. May need to do a factory reset and retest prior to setting up the WIFI. Connect one device at a time as it may be one of your devices causing the spike.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1154

Replies: 1

Related Articles