Archer A7 with office network switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-15 15:38:23
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hello All.

I am trying to replace my BT business Hub 6 (because of failing PCI compliance because of fixed open ports) with the Archer A7, version 5.

I have Fibre to premises internet and a Dell 48 bay network switch (with about 20 ports connected) and I have a VOIP telephone system.

When I connect the Archer to my fibre internet connection and have my computer plugged directly into the Archer then everyhthing works perfectly well. I have internet access on both my wired PC and wi-fi on my mobile phone.

However, when I plug the network switch and the VOIP telephone system into the Archer as well - no other computers in the office (wired through the switch) can get on the network or internet and neither can the telephone system.

I've been at it for days - I've changed the leads numerous times, I've reset and rebooted loads of times but it all just stays the same. Yet when I plug my BT hub back in,it all works perfectly (except for the PCI problem).

My conclusion is that it was a mistake to buy the Archer as it's a piece of junk and to get something else - but I would like to be proved wrong as it had good write-ups, which is why I opted for it.

Does anyone have any ideas that a layman could understand?

Thanks,

John.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer A7 with office network switch
2020-05-16 11:26:41
Sounds like you created a double NAT condition. Google Double NAT for more info and ways to resolve as those links can explain it better than I could here.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 606

Replies: 1