Archer A7 - Randomly rebooting multiple times a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-20 02:01:05
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 20200220 rel.33197(5553)

Got this router about 2 weeks ago - and when it is on it works great.

Problem is, it reboots (powers off and back on) multiple times a day. Minimum of 3. 

Wouldn't be nearly as big of a deal if this was for personal use only, but with the whole WFH situation i need to figure something out.

It's plugged directly into the wall, along with a monitor that is not going dark on me so I don't think it's the outlet.

Any ideas?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer A7 - Randomly rebooting multiple times a day
2020-05-20 13:22:24
If you have a UPS, I would try plugging into it. Some electronics are more sensitive to power than others. Also be sure you are using the power adapter that came with the unit and not one from the previous router.
Options
Re:Archer A7 - Randomly rebooting multiple times a day
2020-05-20 13:55:41

@ArcherC8 

Caught my laziness huh? I swapped the power adapter last night after posting. Due to all the wiring in my home office i was hoping i could get away with the old power cord.

No issues so far, if I do keep having problems I will invest in the Uninterruptible Power Supply

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1058

Replies: 2

Related Articles