WAN and LAN ports not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-22 09:48:51
Model: TL-WDR3600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: DD-WTR

I put myself into a trouble with my TL-WDR3600 v1.

My WAN and all 4 LAN ports stopped working probably because of the lightning. Connecting them to a PC didn't result to lighting the PC's rj45 port, that works with the other devices.

Maybe, the USB ports are still working, don't know how to check. Green lights "USB1" and "USB2" don't show any reaction on entering flash drive to these ports.

WIFI was still working before I flashed DDWRT firmware.. I found out too late, that it disables WIFI by default.

I tried to flash the original firmware to the router from USB (with *.bin file in root folder) - by restarting router with flash card entered; restarting router+pressing "reset" button, but this didn't help.

Is there anything that I can do to enable WIFI at the router and to use it at least as a WIFI repeater? Any ideas?

Options
1 Reply
Re:WAN and LAN ports not working
2020-05-22 11:23:31
If you have not done so, connect your PC direct to the modem via an Ethernet cable to check the connection from the ISP. to check your modem, and to check the PC as lighting could have also affected the modem, the PC, and even the line from the ISP. If all is good then back to the router. Some of the DDWRT flashes do not allow for the router to be set back to the original firmware. Hopefully that is not the case for you. Others have reported that they have had to try and install the firmware multiple times before it would take on bricked routers. Others were not so lucky. Do try some factory resets. Try another power adapter of the same voltage and amperage although it is best to always use the one that came with the unit. Replace any surge protectors and UPS that you are using. If lighting got to your router it may be time to get a new one. DDWRT and other firmware replacements may help in some cases and other cases it does not. I look at them basically hacks created by hackers.
Options