Password not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Password not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Password not working
Password not working
2020-05-22 11:05:53
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I've had this router about a year now. I hold the reset button to wipe it out. At the welcome screen I enter a new password twice and click the continue button. When I try to log back in with the same password, all I get Is frowny-face login failure message. Is it time to buy a new router?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Password not working
2020-05-22 11:30:40
I would first check to see if there is new firmware for the router and if not try reinstalling the current version of the firmware. The procedure for reinstall of the firmware is a bit different in that you load the firmware onto your computer, disconnect from the internet, and do the install. You should be able to find instructions for your specific router. You may need to look for something like "installing previous version of router firmware"
Options
2020-05-22 11:45:58
I've installed the latest (as of two weeks ago). You say I should reinstall it?
Options
2020-05-22 17:26:04

@kevinp1335 

Another thing to try is to use a different web browser as something may be cached.

Options
2020-05-22 18:26:10
I normally use Firefox. I tried Edge. Still got the "Login Failure" message.
Options
2020-05-22 20:04:45
Some have corrected weird issues by reinstalling the firmware. If the current version worked fine then try reloading it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 673

Replies: 5

Related Articles