TP Link WiFi extender makes my internet not work after a while, PLEASE HELP!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-23 21:58:55
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 191226 Rel.27733n (6985)

Hello, I recently bought a WiFi extender and i seem to have a problem with it.

(I set it up using the tether app)

My problem is that after sometime it just disconnects my internet and it doesn't work until i restart the router. The extender worked perfectly fine until it happend. 

Its so annoying because the WiFi in my house is really low so that's why i bought it. It really helped me until that happend.

And yes, i put it in a good place like it said in the app.

So, if someone can help me with that i would really appreciate it! :)  

Options
10 Reply
Re:TP Link WiFi extender makes my internet not work after a while, PLEASE HELP!
2020-05-24 12:28:08
It could be other things causing the issue and not the extender. I am not saying it is not the extender, just that you need to rule out different things. If it happens fairly often, then it is easier to find the issue. Have you tried to unplug the extender for a while to see if the router needs a reboot? Is your firmware up to date? Did you upgrade the firmware just prior to the issue? What kind of things can cause router issues you ask. A bad Ethernet cable or Ethernet connection, bad signal from the ISP (check modem logs for the time of the event), modem, power issues (using wrong power adapter, power adapter going bad, UPS going bad, UPS battery failing, electrical issues (spikes/brownouts)), heat issues (router vents blocked), Ethernet connected devices causing issues, WIFI devices including extenders,... Is your extender hardwired or using WIFI? So the first things I would do is power cycle everything (modem, router and any wired connected devices), disconnect the extender and see if the issue goes away, check the modem and router logs for times near the event, ensure good air flow to the router, unplug each Ethernet cable look at both ends of the connector to ensure no bent pins and reattach, replace the Ethernet cable between the modem and router with another one, if using a UPS, bypass it temporally, check for any devices that seem to have issues more than any other and not use them for awhile. Let us know what you find.
Options
2020-05-24 16:29:20

@ArcherC8 The extender is not connected with a cable its connected through WiFi. and how i can upgrade the firmware? also i checked and there are no problems with the pins.

Options
2020-05-25 12:26:54
Use the Tether app, tools, and system.
Options
2020-05-26 18:10:58

@Eyal4321 

I would check your router when the issue happens as well, see if other devices are losing internet connectivity.

Options
2020-09-24 16:37:17

@Eyal4321 We have the same issue!  No issues with our router until we started using the extender.  Now every morning we have to power cycle the router in order to get internet.

Options
2020-09-24 21:10:54

Make sure the firmware for the extender is up to date by logging into it and looking at the build number.

The latest release we have for the TL-WA850RE v7 came out this past August. 

Release notes reference:

1. Fixed the bug that some devices cannot access Internet in some situations.
2. Fixed the bug that some main router may restart when the repeater connects to it.
3. Fixed the bug of having difficulty in connecting to hidden SSID.
4. Fixed the security issue of logging in to the web UI causes a reset of the device.
5. Optimized total performance.

Options
2020-11-02 10:56:09

@Tony 

hello 

I have the exact same problem. My router works flawlessly until i connect TL-WA850RE V7. Then my router restarts itself couple times a day while the extender keeps working. I have searched online but could not find any solution. I have updated the firmware to 1.0.1 Build 200731 Rel. 64443n as suggested but nothing changed. I also tried the last firmware update but the result is the same. I really need your help. 

Thank you

Ozzie

Options
2020-11-06 18:30:21

@Ozzie 

Please reach out to our support if you are still experiencing issues, there may be some incompatibility. 

Options
2020-12-14 20:49:29

@Eyal432 Hi I bought my TP-link wifi Range extender version RE200. It doesn't work normally because every 5 minutes or so it loses the connection and turns off. It's really weird for a product I bought today and it's already starting to bug. Please i need your help.

Options
2020-12-14 21:52:02
Most common issue is to put the extender in the trouble area. Be sure to locate it within good WIFI range of the router such as the mid point between the router and the troubled area.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 14606

Replies: 10

Related Articles