Orange led

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Orange led

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Orange led
Orange led
2020-05-31 07:42:59 - last edited 2020-05-31 08:35:25
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

Purchased the ax3000 recently and it was doing great until today.

Where the internet on the router turned orange, even though the modem had a working internet connection.

The router's internet would have a green light for a few minutes before turning orange for a few minutes and it would keep on alternating every few minutes.

Tried rebooting router, and the internet would go back to having a green light before turning orange again.

I would also still have an ethernet internet connection to what i was doing before the light turned orange, whether it was playing a game or watching a video/stream. But when i open a new page, it would say i dont have a connection and i would not have wifi.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Orange led
2020-05-31 11:46:16
Bypass the router and and connect your PC direct to the modem and see if you get a good connection. If not, it may be the modem or your ISP. If good, reconnect the router and power cycle the modem, router and the PC and retest. If still an issue, do a factory reset and re-enter your settings.
Options
2020-06-01 20:30:54

@Wargm665 

The internet light on the router will turn amber if it is no longer getting an internet connection from where ever it is connected to. Start with the device that provides the internet connection, possibly looking at system logs or contacting the ISP. If you have a cable modem, and the logs show critical 3 errors, that will give you internet drops.

Options
2020-06-01 21:59:50

@ArcherC8 

I bypassed the router and connected to the modem and i had internet, i also powered cycled the route and the modem multiple times and it would still cycle between the green and orange light. 

Did a factory reset also and still orange light

Options
2020-06-01 22:01:37

@Tony There is no internet drops, because when I'm connected to the modem whenever the router internet light turns amber i would be able to access the internet.

Options
2020-06-02 15:06:10

@Wargm665 

The WAN port may be malfunctioned if that is the case, please contact our support team.

Options
2020-06-18 20:09:08 - last edited 2020-06-18 20:11:20

Hi ...

I have deployed myself  may me more than 800 TP Link devices last 3 years and from time to time, even on a weekely basis, I have issues with orange lights.

Please jump the basic workarounds such as on/off, factory reset etc. Even beta FW I already received and tried a couple of times for different models.

Some months ago I was looking for a simple information when several pieces of different HW models started to exibit orange light behaviour. The information I was looking was:

* How each router probes if there is or there's not internet connection? Pinging to a certain domain? HTTPS to a certain URL? Trace routing to tp-link dot com?

Customers call me back and actually I'm simply leaving with them a second wi fi router, generic branded, sharing the same internet connection via a ... TP Link switch hub.

Guess what? As soon as TP Link orange light came up they switch to the generic WiFi router and there internet access is normal. And those unbranded routers check internet connection by a paralell http access to 3 or 4 fake servers in ... china.

Is there any secret on that probing method that can not be shared with us? At least knowing the method will help us to track down where those packets are lost =:)

Sorry, english is not my native lang.

Regards;

Marcus R. 

Options
2020-06-19 18:49:55

@Wargm665 

The routers will use the assigned DNS server to ping various sites like google.com. So changing the DNS servers may help in having the router check internet connectivity should the modem lost internet for a moment.

Options
2020-06-20 23:54:50

@Wargm665 

My AC4000 has the same orange light issue. I get an orange light about 10 times per day. But my internet stays connected and working. I have no idea why it happens. This is my 2nd AC4000 as the first one also had the orange light issue but also rebooted itself nemerous times per week. This replacement reboots also. However since I have set it to reboot every night I haven't had the uncommanded reboots. The orange light still has me confused. I doubt I'll buy another TP-Link router in the future. Sad because that's all I used to buy. Always had good luck. But something has changed recently.

Edit   I can hook up my old TP_link router and I do not have any uncommanded reboots. It's just too slow for my Gigabit internet service.

Options
2021-09-16 17:21:26

I'm having the same problem with a new AX30 router. Works fine for a bit, then the internet light goes orange. If I reset, it's the same. After a few minutes, the green light might come back on, might not. But it's very unstable. No problem plugging in the modem directly.

Oddly, my computer (MacBook, running a VPN) is still able to use the internet, but none of the other devices (iphone, PC laptop) in the house work, while the light is amber.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 2107

Replies: 9

Related Articles