Connecting directly to router configuration page after setting up TP-Link ID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-01 02:17:07
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I recently set up an A20 (works great!) and also set up a TP-Link login for it - so my browser gets to the router configuration pages if I go to either the ip address or http://tplinkwifi.net. I have a couple of questions:

1. Does this allow me to administer the router remotely? This is something I doubt that I will need to do, and these days, I'm not exactly remote.

2. What do I do if the TP-Link login doesn't work for some reason? I assume that the actual ip address in the browser would take me to the router's own web interface login, right?

Problem is, I stupidly failed to write down my replacement for "admin" router username - I did write down the password!

3. Is there any way to view or change the "admin" name for the router's own interface using the tp-link login?

Or I am just stuck with factory reset of router and starting over?

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connecting directly to router configuration page after setting up TP-Link ID
2020-06-01 21:06:54

@DKinAA 

1. When using the IP or the URL you are only accessing it locally, not through the internet. So no you are not remote. Here is what you must do in order to make the router accessible remotely: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1553/

2. If you forget the login you will need to factory default the device by holding the reset for 15 seconds and it will be as if you took it out of the box for the first time.

3. No there is not so having just the password is fine.

Options
Re:Connecting directly to router configuration page after setting up TP-Link ID
2020-06-02 00:44:34
Thanks!
Options