TP-Link Deco M9 Plus not working with Netgear Nighthawk CM1100

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-02 23:06:38

Hi 

I just switched to a Netgear Nighthawk CM1100 for my cable modem and tried to connect my TP-LInk M9 Deco Plus to it and it wont

It goes through the setup and then its not able to connect to the internet

I have tried resetting both modem and TP link many times, frustrated!!!

Any ideas?

thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:TP-Link Deco M9 Plus not working with Netgear Nighthawk CM1100
2020-06-03 15:51:12

@UserTPL 

If a cable modem does not recognize a connected device it will not provide an internet connection.

Leave the Deco M9 powered on, and power down the cable modem. Leave the modem powered down for several minutes, then power the modem back on.

If you still do not have internet, contact your ISP and tell them the modem is not recognizing the connected router. They should be able to reset the MAC binding.

Options
2020-06-03 21:02:42

@UserTPL 

Thanks for the note

I have to call the Comcast and have them change/activate the Netgear modem before I can try this again. I did that yesterday and wasted more than 3 hrs.

If this power up and switching sequence doesnt work is there anything else I can do/try?

BTW: If I connect a PC to the same Netgear modem with an ethernet cable it all works fine

thanks

Options
2020-06-03 21:24:52

@UserTPL 

It looks like in that case the modem is bound to the MAC address of your computer so it gives it internet.

You could also try this in the meantime:

-Leave the Deco powered on, power down the modem.

-Unscrew the Coax from the modem

-Power on the modem, leave it like that for 5 minutes

-Screw the Coax cable to the modem

-Wait for the internet to come back and see if the LED on the Deco changes to green.

Options
2020-06-03 21:29:25

@UserTPL 

ok thanks 

will try that

Options
2021-01-17 20:51:52

@UserTPL HI I have exact same problem and I called TP link tech support they went through plug in plug out bs with me, wasted over one hour and did nothing. No I have to  wait for some "engineering" call me whenever they have time. and for the time being I am left without internet with faulty M5 DECO. How to fix it????? Why your system does not work with netgear.

UserTPL wrote

Hi 

I just switched to a Netgear Nighthawk CM1100 for my cable modem and tried to connect my TP-LInk M9 Deco Plus to it and it wont

It goes through the setup and then its not able to connect to the internet

I have tried resetting both modem and TP link many times, frustrated!!!

Any ideas?

thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3239

Replies: 5