TX3000E Worked with wifi only now is no longer recognized in device manager after reinstalling.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TX3000E Worked with wifi only now is no longer recognized in device manager after reinstalling.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-17 23:36:27 - last edited 2020-06-23 03:27:21
Model: Archer TX3000E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So the card worked great for wifi only for a week.  No matter what software I tried I couldn't get the bluetooth to work.  So I removed the card and tried it in a different PCIe slot.  That caused it to completely stop working. I reinstalled it in the original slot and still not working.  I tried reinstalling drivers multiple times. Multiple restarts.  Does this sound like a card that may have been close to faulty with the bluetooth function not working and just moving it to a new slot bricked it?  I've already started a return but am still up for troubleshooting if anyone has any ideas. Thanks.

Edit: When I run intel wireless manual diagnostics it stops at hardware test and gives error: Wireless hardware is not bound to transport driver.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TX3000E Worked with wifi only now is no longer recognized in device manager after reinstalling.-Solution
2020-06-23 03:26:58 - last edited 2020-06-23 03:27:21

@Tony 

Thanks Tony.  I knew it was a dead card when I tried it on a fresh windows 10 64 bit install on another machine. I didn't check back up on this thread after that. I should have explained in the beginning after it stopped working it no longer showed up in device manager.  You can show hidden icons in view settings in device manager. It would show but that doesn't mean it knows the card is in there, just that it was at some point in time.  It will show, lets say a sound card, that you pulled 2 years ago, which I learned through this process.  Its super annoying.

Anyways new card went in and worked flawlessly.  Bluetooth as well which did not on the first card so it had issues immediately.  Also I learned that yes, in fact a bricked card can still get warm.  I almost figured it had to be on my end since the card was warm each time I moved it to another slot to test again.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:TX3000E Worked with wifi only now is no longer recognized in device manager after reinstalling.
2020-06-18 00:03:00

I just tried the card on yet another slot and it was warm.  Would a dead card be warm?

Options
Re:TX3000E Worked with wifi only now is no longer recognized in device manager after reinstalling.
2020-06-18 02:21:15

Pulled an old box out of storage. Have to get 64 bit windows 10 on it.  Might take a bit but I will update and see if the card works in that machine after I have it up and running.

Options
2020-06-18 03:28:14

New box with windows 10 64 bit also would not recognize the card.  Feel I've exhuasted my options and it has to be the card.  New one will get here in a week.

Options
2020-06-18 22:25:33

@Azazel 

I would use the device manager to determine if the card is dead or could be something with the drivers. 

Take a screenshot or note of the device shown in the device manager, now shut down the CPU and install the card, after boot up see if a new device is recognized. At the very least you should have a device with a icon indicating drivers could be the problem. If you see nothing at all, then the card is likely dead.

Options
Re:TX3000E Worked with wifi only now is no longer recognized in device manager after reinstalling.-Solution
2020-06-23 03:26:58 - last edited 2020-06-23 03:27:21

@Tony 

Thanks Tony.  I knew it was a dead card when I tried it on a fresh windows 10 64 bit install on another machine. I didn't check back up on this thread after that. I should have explained in the beginning after it stopped working it no longer showed up in device manager.  You can show hidden icons in view settings in device manager. It would show but that doesn't mean it knows the card is in there, just that it was at some point in time.  It will show, lets say a sound card, that you pulled 2 years ago, which I learned through this process.  Its super annoying.

Anyways new card went in and worked flawlessly.  Bluetooth as well which did not on the first card so it had issues immediately.  Also I learned that yes, in fact a bricked card can still get warm.  I almost figured it had to be on my end since the card was warm each time I moved it to another slot to test again.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1568

Replies: 5

Related Articles