Router brick only power button and wps is only on after latest firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-25 15:57:26
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: V5 200220

Every since I updated my router to the latest firmware my router has not been working probably by only the power button and the WPS lights are on. I don't understand the modem is connected to the router and all the lights should be on. Any ideas?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Router brick only power button and wps is only on after latest firmware update
2020-06-25 17:35:32
Power cycle both the modem and the router and see if that helps.
Options
Re:Router brick only power button and wps is only on after latest firmware update
2020-06-25 19:59:23

@Danielz5621 

You could also disconnect all the cables, only have the power supply connected, and factory default the router (hold reset for 15 seconds). All the LED lights should turn on then go off.

If the router continues to boot up and just shows the power and WPS, then I would contact support at that point.

Options
2020-11-27 16:43:53

@Tony did that but still no response, tried 30-30-30 too..

Tony wrote

@Danielz5621 

You could also disconnect all the cables, only have the power supply connected, and factory default the router (hold reset for 15 seconds). All the LED lights should turn on then go off.

If the router continues to boot up and just shows the power and WPS, then I would contact support at that point.

. Btw router is Archer C6

Options
2020-11-28 12:53:16
Does not sound good. I would contact TP Link support via phone, chat or email and see if they can help. The two most common ways to brink a router is to install the wrong version of the firmware or interrupt the install of the firmware. If they can not help, and the router is considered bricked and considered a total loss, I would google "repair the router via serial console" and add either Archer or TP Link to the search for some things to try.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1982

Replies: 4