Which router fulfills all these requirements?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-27 18:23:15 - last edited 2020-06-27 18:27:14

I am planning to upgrade from TD-W8968 and I've had a very good experience with it for the past 8 years. 

I need a router that doesn't compromise on features I've been using on it like SNMP, Fully manual bandwidth control including guest network, USB flexibility, etc. For the upgrade I want it to be dual band MU-MIMO with beamforming, Smart Connect, IFTTT/Alexa ready, Onemesh support. 

I had shortlisted Archer A6, C7, A9 but all of those compromise on one thing or the other from my requirements. None of them have SNMP, and fully manual bandwidth control.

I need an affordable router with a throughput of somewhere between 1300 to 1900 Mbps.

Please suggest a router to fulfill all my requirements and if there's none out there, consider this a request for such a Wifi router.

I, being a network engineer, prefer to be in control of my network so I recommended TP-Link routers to all my clients for home and small office usage but lately TP-Link has not been making the kind of products that made me recommend it to everyone.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Which router fulfills all these requirements?
2020-06-30 18:06:41

@akeeltaj 

For your region, it looks like the current routers that have OneMesh are the C6/A6 and C7/A7. 

Given you are looking for an MU-MIMO router I would go for the C6 or A6. The only drawback is the QoS is not like our older routers where you have detailed control.

I would look at following up with our agents for your area that may have greater knowledge of products for your regions here: link

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 252

Replies: 1