Archer C6 V2 (eu) 2.4ghz speed issues and ghost hidden network broadcasting | ROUTER FULL OF BUGS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C6 V2 (eu) 2.4ghz speed issues and ghost hidden network broadcasting | ROUTER FULL OF BUGS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-28 18:38:58 - last edited 2020-06-28 18:43:39
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.4 Build 20200512

Seems like there's some issue with 2.4ghz wireless network on Archer C6 V2 (eu) running latest firmware: 1.3.4

I'm about to throw/burn this pile of crap, its full of bugs.

While sitting right next to router- Max speed I'm getting on 2.4ghz is 30-33mbps, while on 5ghz I'm hitting full 125mbps.

Moreover I can see router broadcasting another hidden network, I have enabled both 2.4 and 5ghz along with both guest networks as well, however I can see router broadcasting 5 freaking network (WTF?).

Not to mention there seems to be something reeeaaalllyyyy Ducked up in the firmware.

Did some lazy azz engineer hardcode the values?  

Can someone please help me out or drive attention of the engineer who worked on the firmware of this box of crap to get it fixed asap before I throw it out of my window.

Cant find ddwrt/anyother firmware available for this model or else I would love to try it.

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: Install Wifi Analyzer app (open source) from playstore to check for the hidden networks.

I'm so pissed off with this box of crap.

Sometimes ping hits roof top on 2.4ghz messing everything up.

Tried hard reset but no luck.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C6 V2 (eu) 2.4ghz speed issues and ghost hidden network broadcasting | ROUTER FULL OF BUGS
2020-06-29 12:07:14
The extra hidden WIFI is part of the one-mesh option which is discussed in other posts. The slower speed on 2.4 GHz may be your device or caused by some other device on your network. See https://www.cnet.com/how-to/home-networking-explained-part-1-heres-the-url-for-you/ for more info.
Options
Re:Archer C6 V2 (eu) 2.4ghz speed issues and ghost hidden network broadcasting | ROUTER FULL OF BUGS
2020-06-29 12:11:48 - last edited 2020-06-29 12:12:14

@ArcherC8 Thank you for your response.

I have checked and confirmed with other friends who have C6, they are facing the same issue of 30-33mbps max bandwidth on 2.4ghz network.

Issue also happens when the other devices are either on idle state or not connected.

Options
2020-06-29 13:01:57
Have seen an old "G" printer slow a network down. I would try changing the SSID temporally and connect only one fast device for a test.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1269

Replies: 3