Archer T2U Plus severe preformance issues.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-02 22:21:21
Model: Archer T2U Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Newest as of post

I purchased the T2U Plus after finally retiring my 7 or 8 year old usb adapter and upon installation it was immediately underpreforming, never got above 5mbps on either wifi 2.4 or 5GHz and when reinstalling the drivers from the TP-Link website it got a little better, however when i restarted my computer the performance dropped again, so I reinstalled the drivers and it was fine, however I'm not going to continuously reinstall the driver everytime I power up my computer, I'd rather get a different adapter.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer T2U Plus severe preformance issues.
2020-07-06 21:21:30

@Kimbjcl 

Have you tried testing the adapter on every available USB port on the computer?

Another thing to try is to use another computer to see if the issue followed the adapter or stays with the computer.

Options
2020-07-07 03:17:09

@Tony yeah I've plugged it into every other USB plug on my PC, now I constantly get a notification saying it would preform better in a USB 3 port but I still get it when its plugged into a USB 3 port.

Tony wrote

@Kimbjcl 

Have you tried testing the adapter on every available USB port on the computer?

Another thing to try is to use another computer to see if the issue followed the adapter or stays with the computer.

Options
2020-07-08 22:54:43

@Kimbjcl 

You could try the previous driver available on our website, and also you could try the chipset manufacturer drivers here:  https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8811au-software

They do ask for an email before downloading the file.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2014

Replies: 3