TP-Link Archer-A20 AC4000 Printers & IP Cameras Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-12 16:14:27
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

I recently purchased an ac4000 and I am having problems with multiple devices. It does not recognize my ethernet printers or my IP cameras. I connected a Netgear managed gigabit switch (GS-308e-after turning off DHCP on the switch) to one of the LAN ports and the switch recognizes the existance of all these devices but not the TP-Link Router. I can see that the switch itself has been leased an IP address and I can run the managed switch web management interface.

Before this I had installed the TP-Link USB printer controller, but this does not detect one of my printers when connected to the USB port on the router (it does state that there are compatibility requirements that I suppose I don't meet). I am surprised that a Brother laser printer would have all of these connection issues. 

The question I have is that is there any way to fix this? I have the latest hardware (I think), the firmware is up to date, but the router does not support my existing equipment. The logs for the Router do not show any real detail, so it it's not possible for me to determine where things are going wrong. Is there any solution other than buying a different WIFI router altogether ? That is a cheaper solution than upgrading my printers and camera system. Before this Router I had an ASUS that worked with all of my equipment without any problems.

Options
6 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer-A20 AC4000 Printers & IP Cameras Problem
2020-07-12 16:36:02
Sometimes when you change routers and use the same SSID and password, devices will not connect. Most times on the devices, just deleting (forget) the WIFI network and re-establishing it will make it work. Be sure to power cycle the printer and router after setting up the USB for the printer. Hope this helps.
Options
2020-07-12 17:30:07

@ArcherC8 

All of these connections that are problematic are WIRED only. All of my wireless devices are working well. All devices have been powered off and on many times (probably 30 times since I have been troubleshooting). To date I have about 20 hours invested in troubleshooting this. I have tried two routers (both and ASUS and Linksys) and a netgear switch in conjunction with the TP-Link router. Nothing seems to work to get all wired client and all wireless clients on the same network so I can use/access the wired devices from the AC4000 wireless clients.

Options
2020-07-12 19:32:42

@jeffhar 

Have you looked at this from Netgear?

https://kb.netgear.com/30418/What-is-the-default-IP-address-of-my-NETGEAR-Smart-Managed-Plus-Smart-Managed-Pro-or-Insight-Managed-Smart-Cloud-switch

Might also want to look at this starting at page 16:

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/GS105EV2/WebManagedSwitches_UM_EN.pdf

However, what are the IP Addresses of

• Router
  • Switch
  • Devices on the switch as seen by the switch?
Options
2020-07-14 15:42:33

@jeffhar 

Our newer routers do not have the USB print server anymore, looks like the A20 doesn't have it either.

If your wired devices are configured for a static IP address, then that is prob why they are not seen. Switch all wired to work off of DHCP instead, then you should see them on the DHCP client list.

Options
2020-09-06 20:08:39

@Tony 

Since the Archer-A20 doesn't have print server functionality, is there any way to utilize an older USB-based printer (HP Laserjet 1022) with the A20? Do I need to purchase a printer server, which TP-Link doesn't appear to sell anymore? Thanks.  

Options
2020-09-08 20:22:21

@VJS 

You are correct, you would need a print server. 

The printers servers we had have since been designated end of life so we do not make them anymore.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1603

Replies: 6