Enhancement Request - Support for additional WiFi networks (Seperate 2GHz, 5Ghz, etc)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Enhancement Request - Support for additional WiFi networks (Seperate 2GHz, 5Ghz, etc)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-12 22:46:19
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

I would like to request the ability to create additional WiFi networks and the ability to specify 5GHz and/or 2GHz for each one. 

Ie... rather than Main/Guest... Perhaps just + network... and you can specify SSID, frequencies, and guest (yes/no) for each one.

If guest is on it won't allow any devices connected to talk to any other LAN devices.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Enhancement Request - Support for additional WiFi networks (Seperate 2GHz, 5Ghz, etc)
2020-07-14 17:35:53 - last edited 2020-07-14 17:38:25

@PIlotbob 

I don't think that has been suggested before. I will forward that for sure.

The current devices that can do multiple SSIDs I believe are the EAP AP units, but won't work like mesh nodes along with the Deco.

Options
Re:Enhancement Request - Support for additional WiFi networks (Seperate 2GHz, 5Ghz, etc)
2020-07-14 18:05:47

@Tony Thanks.

The main reason for this request is, some smart home devices don't seem to work with the combined 2ghz/5ghz network. Maybe as new wifi 6 devices come on line, that won't be an issue. But we've had issues. 

So, I'd like to have 4 networks.

Primary (5ghz and 2ghz) - used for most devices 
Guest (5ghz and 2ghz) - password given to visitors/guests

Primary_2GHZ - for 2ghz devices only that won't worked with combined.

Primary_5GHZ - for 5ghz devices only that wor't worked with combined (not sure we've needed this though)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 490

Replies: 2