2nd brand new router not working right

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-15 03:34:41
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.6

This is the 2nd new router I purchased that keeps dropping. My wifi is not stable. I don't know what the issue is. This happens all the time. This is brand new, I also have a brand new modem. Could this be due to needing a better access point? Or, maybe I don't have the latest version? Help. Thank you. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:2nd brand new router not working right
2020-07-15 12:03:13
Be sure you are using the power adapter that came with the router. Same with the modem. If you have issues with multiple routers then I would suspect the cable, the modem or the ISP. Connect a PC direct to the modem via an Ethernet cable bypassing the router. Be sure to use a good Ethernet cable. Note that we had a poster report that the cable that came with the router was bad, so even if it is new does not mean it is good. Power cycle the modem and PC. Do extensive testing to see if it fails. If it fails, review the modem logs (if any) or you may need to contact your ISP. If it works, reattach the router and power cycle the modem, router, and PC. If it fails, give us more detailed info of the issue.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 340

Replies: 1