Archer C4000 (US) v3.6 Does Not Show 5Ghz-1 SSID / Wifi not available

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-16 05:44:24
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20191026 rel.13901(5553)

Please please please get this fixed. I bought a 2nd new router thinking the first one had a defect. Now I think you need to fix this by a firmware upgrade.

Anyone else having this issue with v3.6???

I see the 5Ghz-2 SSID just fine. Tried resetting, other fixed channels, nothing. 5Ghz-1 does not show up even with 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz-2 radios disabled.

The 5Ghz-1 light is was on when the radio was enabled in the wifi web-based interface.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C4000 (US) v3.6 Does Not Show 5Ghz-1 SSID / Wifi not available
2020-07-17 18:22:45

@Doug_Hodges 

If you are experiencing this what would be recommended to try is to factory default the router, and also changing the wireless setting such as choosing TKIP for the encryption. If the default wireless networks are still not all broadcasting reaching out to our support would be the next step.

Options
2020-07-17 18:31:01
Looks like location and some close-by electronics were interfering with the signal. Why it only affects the 5Ghz-1 is probably anyone's guess. Looks good now. Thank you.
Options
2020-07-23 15:52:50

@Doug_Hodges 

Do you happen to know which devices were nearby or what could of caused it?

Options
2020-10-05 16:53:44
Hey Tony... I'm not OP but I ran across this post while I was troubleshooting my own 5G not showing up with an Archer AX10. The 5G worked while the router was to the right side of my computer. It was on a shelf with nothing else to the right of the router.. I then broke everything down for new flooring to be installed and when I set everything back up, the 5G was just gone. I did a factory reset, changed the name on the 5G SSID, turned it off, back on, rebooted the router... nothing I did made it show up. When I set it back up, I moved the computer over and put the cable modem and router on the left side. With the computer on the right, and the my desk on the left, and the monitor a bit higher to the left, the 5G wouldn't show up. I disconnected the router and moved it to a higher shelf on my desk, out of the "hole" created between my computer, desk, and monitor. Once I booted it up, all of a sudden the 5G showed up. Desk: Metal frame and wooden tops Monitor: 43" Vizio HDMI tv Computer: Custom built, large case Cable modem: Netgear CM1200 (was directly behind the router in the "hole") So it was kinda buried between all of that, with nothing in the front. The 4 antennas were oriented towards the computer. I'm not sure why this makes a difference but it works fine now. Hope that helps!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 914

Replies: 4