How to change the country of operation on Archer C7? My unit is set to China...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-28 21:11:02
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20190726 rel.57101

I've just noticed that my Archer C7's country of operation is set to China, and it's in conflict with all nearby networks that are actually correctly set. I did not buy this unit in China, and I actually bought it from TP-Link itself, so the units should have been approved for operation on the correct, approved, and regulated wireless frequencies. But it's not. It's set to China. I thought that since there are downloadable firmwares for US and EU models only, that there wouldn't be models for any more countries.

If this cannot be set anywhere, do I have to call TP-Link and give them grief over this?

Wifi connection shows country code set to CN:

Wireless Diagnostics warning about conflicting country codes from nearby access points:

Thanks in advance.

Options
7 Reply
Re:How to change the country of operation on Archer C7? My unit is set to China...
2020-07-29 11:39:10
I would call TP-Link since you got it from them as I understand that the country code is not changeable.
Options
Re:How to change the country of operation on Archer C7? My unit is set to China...
2020-07-29 20:23:27

@RHAERSER 

Look at the router country code below to see what it says.

If the router says (US), then someone probably messed with the firmware.

I would definitely reach out to support in that case.

Options
2020-07-29 20:31:03

@Tony The sticker does say "Archer C7 (US)". I'll call and report it. Thank you very much!

Options
2020-08-03 20:36:55

Tony wrote

@RHAERSER 

Look at the router country code below to see what it says.

If the router says (US), then someone probably messed with the firmware.

I would definitely reach out to support in that case.

@Tony I haven't had time to make the call to support yet, but today I noticed the country code changed to Mexico:

I haven't changed anything, I haven't reflashed it, I haven't even rebooted it... Can you please ask the engineers what's happening here? I'm baffled.

Options
2020-08-04 12:55:57
I would make time for that call to support as it may be that your router has been hacked.
Options
2020-08-04 18:57:21

ArcherC8 wrote

I would make time for that call to support as it may be that your router has been hacked.

@ArcherC8 I'll call today.

@Tony If I'm actually hacked, it would've been really great to actually see which devices are attached to the wifi...

Options
2020-08-17 22:11:43

@RHAERSER 

Returned it. It'll be someone else's problem now.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2375

Replies: 7