Deco X60 in Bridge/AP mode.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-04 21:27:35

Hi all,

I've a question that I can not find the exact answer to in the support area.  I have a router that I will continue to use and jus want to use a new X60 to replace my current mesh WiFi 

For the X60 the Specificaitons show:

Router/ Access Point Mode
● Optional Ethernet Backhaul
● TP-Link Mesh Technology:
MU-MIMO
OFDMA
1024-QAM
BSS Color
Auto Path Selection
Self-Healing
AP Steering
Band Steering
Beamforming

Questions:

1. When running in Bridge mode, are all those still enabled, Auto-Path, Stearing, Beamforming, ...
  2. When in Bridge mode, I will have one Hardwired directly to router, one hardwired through a switch to the router, one not hardwired.
    1. Is that all possible?
    2. Will the one not wire be able to provide a hardwired connection to others?
  3. Can I buy a 4th if necessary to put in another corner of the house

All these seem to be yes, but I must verify due to a bad experience with another vendor.

Thanks,

Jim

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X60 in Bridge/AP mode.
2020-08-04 22:50:09

@JimBoCA3 

1. Yes, all mesh features are still enabled.

2. You can wire some and not others, the nodes not wired will still provide a wired network connection to client devices. Also, while in AP mode you can have multiple nodes wired to the main router where in router mode only one must be wired to the modem/router.

3. You can have up to 10 nodes on your network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4087

Replies: 1

Related Articles