Downloads missing for the A20 in Download Center?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-06 16:44:32
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Check the link, https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/

What happened?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Downloads missing for the A20 in Download Center?
2020-08-06 16:54:21
If a US model, try https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-a20/v1/#Firmware as it may be your link is not US but EN.
Options
2020-08-06 17:45:16

@ArcherC8 

ArcherC8 wrote

If a US model, try https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-a20/v1/#Firmware as it may be your link is not US but EN.

That IS weird? I have many times gotten there correctly by going to TPlink.com, then picking SUPPORT at the top, select DOWNLOAD CENTER and enter the info and it worked fine?

Just did it again, by 2 methods to reach the download Center... LMB on TP-Link on top left and opening in a new tab, and direct with tplink.com and selecting Support...

Both ways now work fine? Maybe they were updating some items and took it off-line? Don't see anything new though? I am in the US for what it is worth and all links seem to be directed to 'us' or 'en'.

Options
2020-08-06 18:14:49
I wonder if you used a VPN, would the results be different as it could link from a different country
Options
2020-08-06 18:29:18

ArcherC8 wrote

I wonder if you used a VPN, would the results be different as it could link from a different country

@ArcherC8 

Yes, if I used one, and it had to be from one that had an IP Address outside of the US.

I did get one with my Norton Subscription. I did use it when beta testing it. More trouble than it is worth depending what you do and where you go. You see many have 'server farms' that will alter your IP Address every time you use it. Some bank sites of course think I'm coming from a different place and challenged me. GMAIL too. Stopped using it. Not all VPN's are like this, you can get ones with fixed IP Addresses too by the way,

I'll write this off as a one-time thing due to something on TP-Links end that made it unavailable.

Options
2020-08-06 22:01:43

@IrvSp 

Our website should auto direct the user to the appropriate site depending on where they are located (IP is referenced), but I have seen that always not the case. For example, US users who post in the EN forum, and think they were in the US the entire time, and post a second thread thinking the previous was deleted.

The EN is more the international site, but does not have US products like @ArcherC8 pointed out. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 355

Replies: 5