What is the coverage on the tp link ax6000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-17 13:44:25
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: current

I need to know if I need a mesh or this router pls help and lmk

Options
2 Reply
Re:What is the coverage on the tp link ax6000
2020-08-17 14:35:15
see https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-ax6000/#specifications as it shows a 4 bedroom house. If your current router does not cover your house very well, then I would consider a Mesh system like the Deco M9. It is a true Mesh system. I prefer that over One Mesh systems where you use two routers. If one router will cover your needs, that would be a better choice. See this for a lot more info on WIFI that you will ever need https://www.duckware.com/tech/wifi-in-the-us.html
Options
Re:What is the coverage on the tp link ax6000
2020-08-18 17:13:33

@Nairus The range is a bit less than my Asus AC86U. Neither do a great job as a whole home router for my 3100+ sf two story house. It is placed in the one corner of the house which is just where I have to have mine. If you were able to place it in the center of the house, it may be fine as the only unit. I am using the ax6000 as an Access Point along with a AC86U as the router (radios turned off)  for my downstairs and another AC86U for my upstairs. This gives me excellent covereage in my whole house. 

In my situation, everything except our cell phones are stationary so I don't really need a mesh system. I have my devices connected to the highest signal strength Router / AP. 

The AX6000 was to replace one of my AC86U routers that has a bad 5G radio. The Asus / Merlin firmware in my opinion is much better than the tp-link so once I started using the ax6000, I found it missing features I had been used to so I set it as an Access Point instead and used the router functionality in the Asus. 

Hope this helps...

Options