dropping connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

dropping connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
dropping connection
dropping connection
2020-08-21 07:15:02
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 170919 rel 21648

Hi,

I have a problem with my modem/router (TD8961N) dropping its connection several times a day. Can't tell how often as internet is only used first thing in morning and in the evening. Symptoms can also vary

sometimesw can connect to router and see its says line dropped, sometimes not.

Will reconnect automatically after approx 5mins. sometimes ip address change sometimes not.

Sometimes apps on android will work and windows on main pc won't

never been too sure whether is isp or router.

thought to upgrade firmware if available - but version shown on support website is older than the one i have - and the one I have (170919) is not visible anywhere.

ISP is talktalk (UK). 

All settings are correct 

Any clues?

Options
1 Reply
Re:dropping connection
2020-08-21 11:06:03
Since you have a gateway (modem plus router) it is harder to isolate possible ISP issues. Are you having issues with just WIFI or both WIFI and Ethernet connected devices? If your modem/router has logs, review them for any issues at the time of the failure. You need to check all of your ISP connections. If you have TVs or other devices such as phones connected to the ISP, those devices or the connectors and and splitters can cause issues so undo and redo all the connectors as some may be corroded. Be sure your firmware is up to date and you are using the power adapter that came with the modem/router. Also try disconnecting all of the Ethernet devices, power cycle the modem/router and test. Also this is a US based forum and you may get better results with the English forum which covers other countries outside the US. See https://community.tp-link.com/en/login (note the "en" vs the "us" in the link.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 406

Replies: 1

Related Articles