Deco P9 Dropping Connection & Slow Speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-22 09:44:53
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 20200513 52023

For the last week or so my Deco P9 keeps dropping connection and when connected the download speed varies greatly from 2mbps to my normal speed of 45mbps. I have hardwired to my ISP router and the speeds are constant and have no issues, which implies the issues are with the Deco units. 

I have tried changing the Deco's from router mode to Access Point and the issues are still occurring (i also have fast roaming turned off as this seems to be the answer to most queries). I had no issues up till last week and everything was working fine for the last few months.

I am not very technical but does anyone have any ideas what i could try? As currently i only have 3 expensive paper weights.

Many thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco P9 Dropping Connection & Slow Speed
2020-08-24 16:33:02

@gharbourc 

Several things you can try are replacing the Ethernet cable being used (even though speeds check out), at this point worth testing. Swap the main node with one of the satellite nodes. 

You can also try factory defaulting every node, deleting the Deco network, and setting up the mesh network again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1166

Replies: 1