Archer AX50: Two Guest Networks, One Password?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-23 09:46:32
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Installed my new router yesterday, the Archer AX50.  Unless I missed something, it offers two guest networks, 2.4GHz and 5GHz, but the admin panel offers the option to use only one password for both networks.  Is this correct?  My previous router, Archer A10, allowed a different password for each guest network.  I find this odd.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX50: Two Guest Networks, One Password?
2020-08-23 16:04:19

Carbo wrote

Unless I missed something, it offers two guest networks, 2.4GHz and 5GHz, but the admin panel offers the option to use only one password for both networks.  Is this correct?  My previous router, Archer A10, allowed a different password for each guest network.  I find this odd.

@Carbo 

My A20 allows  only one P/W as well.

Odd, maybe? However on my A20 Tri-band I have the same P/W for both 5Ghz bands. Users logon by SSID whiich are different (unless Smart Connect is enabled) anyway. Those have to be diffferent so the users know which band they want to be on.

I guess if you wanted to restrict users to a specific SSID you would need different passwords, but it isn't a requirement that they be different.

Options
2020-08-23 16:33:49 - last edited 2020-08-23 16:34:14

@Carbo  I agree, it certainly isn't a deal killer, but I was suprised because the Archer A10 offered the option for different passwords for every network.

Options
2020-08-24 20:50:22 - last edited 2020-08-24 20:50:49

@Carbo 

I looked in our older UI revisions (C7 v2), and those did have separate passwords. 

I am assuming since there is no bandwidth limit on the guest settings one password was just made for both.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 842

Replies: 3

Related Articles