Router connection issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router connection issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Router connection issue
Router connection issue
2020-08-29 18:17:44
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 build 20200301

It's not letting me connect to my apartments internet. Pavlov the company said I need to update my firmware but it's says up to date when trying. My case number 68289

Options
7 Reply
Re:Router connection issue
2020-08-30 11:08:51
Need a bit more info as to what you have done and what your are experiencing. Google "pavlov internet user guide" and select the "JSM apartments" one as the pdf has some things you can do.
Options
2020-09-01 22:51:59

@ArcherC8 I contacted Pavlov and they said that registration is turned off at my apartment complex so I should be able to plug my router in and it work. It says that I do not have a e-thernet cable plug into the WAN port but I made sure it was plug in correctly. I also tried other cables. I made sure it was set up as dynamic. Pavlov support did say that my router is on the compatible list. I am thinking it must be a bad router.

Options
2020-09-02 12:59:01
It would be nice if you could try the router in a different apartment as it my be the wiring or connector going to your apartment. Maybe the landlord will let you try it in a vacant apartment. Be sure you are using the power adapter that came with the router. Ethernet cables do go bad and we have seen posters report that the cheap ones that come with devices fail. What kind of lights are on when all hooked up? Try connecting via cables from the router to your devices first before working with WIFI.
Options
2020-09-02 18:54:05

@ArcherC8 

Its not the wall outlet because it is not the wall internet outlet because my old router does receive internet when I plug it in. I can also directly connect an ethernet cable from the wall and my laptop and I get connected to the internet. The only issue I am having is when I try and connect it to my TV link router. I did try multiple ethernet cables

Options
2020-09-02 18:54:51
Tp link *
Options
2020-09-02 18:54:52
Tp link *
Options
2020-09-02 19:33:57
When you connect the AX1500 to Pavlov, what happens? What lights do you see. Are you plugged into the WAN port? When you set up the router, are you using WIFI or Ethernet connection. Any issues signing on to the router? Did you clear your browser history and cache per the user manual? Did you power cycle everything? Can you register your computer per the instructions? You can try to add the router's MAC address to your list of devices then connect the router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 435

Replies: 7

Related Articles