USB tethering for Archer A7?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-05 02:24:09
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Can this router use USB tethering for WAN access?

My installation will not have internet access for at least a month. I would like to convince my Archer A7 to use my Android phone as a hotspot either via WiFi or USB tether to the router.

I have tried to set up USB tether without success. I could conceivably set my Linux laptop as a gateway and connect it to the router via Ethernet but that's more work than I'd like to do.

Any suggestions appreciated. C

Options
2 Reply
Re:USB tethering for Archer A7?
2020-09-06 13:11:16
Looking at the specs, I do not see that as an option on this router. https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-a7/#specifications
Options
Re:USB tethering for Archer A7?
2020-09-06 14:41:20

@HebeGB 

I've got an Android phone, and it has Mobile Hotspot under the Settings, Network & Internetm Tethering. Why not just use that? I assume you need only Wireless though. If you need wired connections though that is a little more difficult if that is why you wanted to router set up? I've not tried it but you might be able to use the router as a switch and feed the Internet via a PC or get USB adapters for each wired device (cost could make that unreasonable?)?

I've never had good performance when I once used a PC to share the Internet to other PC's though.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2202

Replies: 2

Related Articles