AX50 Wifi5 Speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX50 Wifi5 Speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX50 Wifi5 Speed
AX50 Wifi5 Speed
2020-09-07 07:23:41
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I am thinking of getting a AX50 to replace my Archer C9.

I do not have any WiFi6 devices at home.,

May I know when a WiFi5 device is connected to AX50, what is the maximum speed it can achieve?

Since I do not have any WiFi6 device, is it worth upgrading to AX50?

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX50 Wifi5 Speed
2020-09-07 13:07:48
My two cents... It depends on a lot of things. Are you having any issues with the C9 or at or near its limits? Do you need any of the extra features the AX50 has that the C9 does not have? What kind of speeds do you have from your ISP? The main difference is one is AX and the other other is AC. Looking at the specs, the 2.4 WIFI is slightly slower on the AX, but a lot faster on the 5Ghz AX, I don't think you will see much difference even if you have a Gigabit ISP speeds as your limit will always be the slowest link which would be your non-AX devices. To get the speed benefits of an AX router, you need AX devices. So with what little I know about your set-up and needs, I would not make a change at this time as I would not expect much if any improvement speed wise which seems to be your concern. See this for more info https://www.duckware.com/tech/wifi-in-the-us.html (you can skip down to section 16 and 17)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 490

Replies: 1