Tl WR940N is not connecting to the host internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-09 20:13:32
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1

The router isn't connecting to the ethernet cable that has the host internet. I had connected it to the standard router connection but it isn't connecting to the internet. Yet the ether net cable when connected directly to the computer it connects very fast. What could be the problem? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Tl WR940N is not connecting to the host internet
2020-09-10 13:47:14
Could be many things. We need more info. Some things to check. Are you using the power adapter that came with the router? Have you tried different Ethernet cables? Are you plugged into the correct ports per the user guide (modem to router and router to the PC)? Have you powered cycle the modem, router, and PC before testing? I like to power all off and then power the modem up, wait, till it stabilizes, then power up the router and wait for it to stabilize, then power up the PC, and then test. Have you followed all the steps in the user guide?
Options
2020-09-10 14:28:04

@ArcherC8 hello. 

So to clarify some things...I don't have the main internet router since its a different floor from where I am. The internet is connected to different households using a long ethernet cable that when connected to the laptop it directly connects but when I put the ethernet cable to the tp link router it doesn't connect at all. Am pretty confused since it's a fairly new router and never used it. I am using everything that was in the box of the router and inserted the correct cables to the respective ports.. 

Options
2020-09-10 16:23:59

@Trueth 

I would recommend using this article to try and get the internet connection working on your router: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/138/

Options
2020-09-12 07:41:57

@Tony hello. 

After following the instructions from the link you sent, the router isn't connecting to the ethernet cable 

Options