TP-Link T6 AC1300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link T6 AC1300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP-Link T6 AC1300
TP-Link T6 AC1300
2020-09-12 07:32:09
Model: Archer T6E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello and Good day!

Yesterday, ISP internet suddenly slowed down. It has been restored, but my desktop internet is still slow when connecting to 5G wifi using TP link AC1300 lan card. I can't connect to 2.4G networks totally through lan card. Using a 2.4G wifi TP Link TL WN722N usb dongle, internet was normal.

Summary of wifi connections I tried:

1. Desktop lan card 5G - 0 to very slow

2. Desktop lan card 2.4G - Can't connect

3. Desktop usb wifi dongle 2.4G - normal speed

4. Laptop 2.4G - normal speed

5. Mobile phone wifi 5G - normal speed

(Note: TP link connection to router is only 6 MBps, when it shoud be ~800 since the signal strength is strong)

Everything else other than connections through the tp link AC1300 seemed to work fine. It was also fine before internet outage. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling driver, but did not work.

Is this a software issue caused by internet outage? Or did the outage damage the lan card? A coincidence?

Thank you very much!

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link T6 AC1300
2020-09-14 18:40:52

@Outsiderj 

If you have another PCIe slot install the T6E on that. Usually, if the card was affected by a power outage the card would be dead. Maybe an issue with the current PCIe slot? You could also try to put the card in another computer to see if the issue follows the card.

Options
Re:TP-Link T6 AC1300
2020-09-16 15:00:53

@Tony I tried plugging into other PCIe slot, but issues persisted.

It seems that several users are experiencing problems with the adapter as there are several posts regarding this in the forums.

Will just wait for Windows or TP link driver update.

Thank you very much!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 765

Replies: 2

Related Articles