Did work, now doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-12 22:32:06

Hi,

I have an AV1000 unit plugged in my son's room and paired with an AC1200 unit that is tied directly to my modem.  We set this up 2 months ago, paired them according to instructions and while the performance was not fantastic because of non-ideal wiring in the house between the two rooms, we did get a functional network connection going.  My son was using the ethernet via the extender plugged in under his desk and would get about 25Mbps download speeds.  Today, his signal became flaky and he realized he had been moved back to the house wifi signal, which doesn't work well in his room.  When we checked for the tp-link ethernet network, it isn't there.  Instead there is a choice 'Unidentified Network' with the subheading 'No Internet'.  We unplugged his unit, replugged it in, repaired it with the unit plugged into the modem and that changed nothing.

How do I troubleshoot this??

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Did work, now doesn't work
2020-09-14 22:18:36

@boysmom 

Start at the first adapter that is connected to the modem. You mentioned the powerline is connected to the modem, but I assume that is also a router?

Take the internet cable from the first powerline adapter and plug that into a computer to make sure an internet connection is coming through the cable to the first adapter. If that works bring the second adapter into the same room of the first adapter and re-pair them, and then test the connection again. If that works, move the second adapter back. If the powerline light no longer stays lit in the original room then you need to use a different outlet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 387

Replies: 1

Related Articles